[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] key concepts: say "contact data" when that is what we mean

Andrew Sullivan ajs at anvilwalrusden.com
Wed Dec 7 16:16:11 UTC 2016

On Wed, Dec 07, 2016 at 08:32:39AM -0700, Lisa Phifer wrote:
> Although this came in at a next level of detail, the EWG principles divided data into at least three categories:

While those categories are useful for evaluating the source of the
data, they're not helpful in evaluating whether a given piece of data
has operational consequences for the Internet.

This comes down to a question that I think Jim Galvin keeps asking,
which is why we want the RDS in the first place.  I think at least one
minimal goal, if we want one at all, is to support operation of the
Internet in respect of domain name resolution.

ajs at anvilwalrusden.com