[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] Some reasoning about non-contact-data (was Re: key concepts: say "contact data" when that is what we mean)

Greg Aaron gca at icginc.com
Thu Dec 8 15:28:08 UTC 2016

Dear Rob:

How does showing a domain's status fields "increase the 'criminal activity' regarding a domain name"?  How does showing a domain's create and expiration dates "increase abuse/malicious activity"?

As someone who's studied the criminal use of domains for many years, I have never seen or heard of any evidence of that.  In fact, domain status and date information is important to people who investigate abuse or many want to make judgements about the trustworthiness of a domain.

Best,
--Greg