[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] Search Engines Indexing RDAP Server Content

Carlton Samuels carlton.samuels at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 14:14:21 UTC 2016

I have a more nuanced view of the ALAC's position.  There is nothing that
says a conscientious data controller within the DNS ecosystem - which to my
understanding is a wider net than gTLDs - cannot implement from Day One the
software feature set that makes differentiated access to RD possible.
Because it is likely that by doing so, early adopters in the broader
ecosystem could, by virtue of this endorsement, be encouraged to make use
of it.

Sure, the official ICANN use policy is lagging and that is not unusual.
But the consensus for differentiated access is arguably well-formed.  The
perfect must not be allowed to become the enemy of the good. Such a
position merely signals endorsement of the best practice and eschew its
retardation.

-Carlton

Carlton A Samuels
Mobile: 876-818-1799