[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] WG Rhetoric

Carlton Samuels carlton.samuels at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 18:21:13 UTC 2016

On Thu, Jun 23, 2016 at 5:12 PM, Farell Folly <farellfolly at gmail.com> wrote:

> However, divergence is sometimes needed to make a better agreement and
> implement a sustainable solution.

​+1

I took a vacation. Seeing I have always invested my usual 3 weeks of
vacation time to ICANN endeavours, this is the first time in almost 10
years!

The narrative we're supposed to credit says there are no agendas in an
ICANN/GNSO PDP WG. I generously grant that opinion status.

The airing of disagreements, even to the point of what diplomats term 'a
full and frank expression of views', sooner rather than later, is the best
approach for negotiating consensus. Might sound counterintuitive at first
blush but......​

-Carlton

Carlton A Samuels
Mobile: 876-818-1799