[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] The overflowing list (was Re: A new and rather important document with respect to jurisdiction issues)

h.raiche at internode.on.net h.raiche at internode.on.net
Fri Jul 15 12:42:08 UTC 2016

A really big plus one for Andrew.

I share concerns wth those who question whether the place to start is
with uses.  It implicitly assumes that all of the current 'uses' of
the information should continue.  General data protection law
strongly suggests otherwise.

However, we are starting with uses - and as long as everyone realises
that the current uses of the data will not be permitted under data
protection law, then let's proceed.  And yes, we will come down to
Andrew's fundamental question - what personal information that is
collection should be accessible to all - OR NOT.  And, in the end, I
am not sure how much more information we need.  From my perspective,
I know I will not have time to read all of what is on the list
already, let alone new stuff.  So  maybe let's focus on the
information identified in public comment as the critical information
for this issue and start talking about uses - what of the uses should
be maintained, and what - for strong data protection reasons - should
not.

Holly