[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] A new and rather important document with respect to jurisdiction issues

Michele Neylon - Blacknight michele at blacknight.com
Fri Jul 15 15:25:19 UTC 2016

Stephanie

Thanks

Definitely of value and interest.

Milton has done an analysis (as have many others!):
http://www.internetgovernance.org/2016/07/15/whats-really-at-stake-in-the-microsoft-v-usa-decision/

Regards

Michele

--
Mr Michele Neylon
Blacknight Solutions

From: <gnso-rds-pdp-wg-bounces at icann.org> on behalf of Stephanie Perrin <stephanie.perrin at mail.utoronto.ca>
Date: Thursday 14 July 2016 at 23:32
To: "gnso-rds-pdp-wg at icann.org" <gnso-rds-pdp-wg at icann.org>
Subject: [gnso-rds-pdp-wg] A new and rather important document with respect to jurisdiction issues

Many on this list will already be aware that the 2nd circuit decided today on the Microsoft case respecting refusal to access data in remote servers.  The Court's decision is here http://www.ca2.uscourts.gov/decisions/isysquery/7304ab81-cb7f-482b-bdee-1b956e9037e6/4/doc/14-2985_complete_opn.pdf#xml=http://www.ca2.uscourts.gov/decisions/isysquery/7304ab81-cb7f-482b-bdee-1b956e9037e6/4/hilite/

It ought to have an impact on our future policy discussions with respect to jurisdiction, access to stored data, and location of escrowed data.

May I suggest that we add it to our already overflowing list of important documents?

Stephanie Perrin