[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] @EXT Use case - LEA

David Cake dave at davecake.net
Tue Jul 26 07:32:10 UTC 2016

At a first glance, this seems contradictory. You state that the web sites are compromised - then assume that not just some WHOIS data is valid, but enough of it to find cross-correlations. If the domains were compromised, this would be meaningless - a linked email address would just indicate that multiple sites belonging to the same original person were compromised at the same time, presumably by compromise of a shared host or shared controlling organisation, and its rare that sites are compromised unless its entirely done by via DNS mechanisms, in which case we could probably deal with that issue (stolen domains) without bringing content into it.

So your use case assumes that the sites were not compromised, but registered for illegal purpose, which is an entirely different situation. This seems like a poorly constructed use case to me, in that while it seems designed to appear very urgent and emotive by focussing on content that no one would support, the actual DNS scenario we are trying to address here is very unclear.

David