[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] Proposed Agenda for RDS PDP WG Call - Tuesday 31 May, 2016 at 16:00 for 90 minutes

Michele Neylon - Blacknight michele at blacknight.com
Fri Jun 3 14:07:15 UTC 2016

Victoria

Logically I’d agree, but there’s nothing in the law that specifies time periods.

Regards

Michele

--
Mr Michele Neylon
Blacknight Solutions

From: <gnso-rds-pdp-wg-bounces at icann.org> on behalf of Victoria Sheckler <vsheckler at riaa.com>
Date: Thursday 2 June 2016 at 22:22
To: Victoria Sheckler <vsheckler at riaa.com>, Lisa Phifer <lisa at corecom.com>, RDS PDP WG <gnso-rds-pdp-wg at icann.org>
Subject: Re: [gnso-rds-pdp-wg] Proposed Agenda for RDS PDP WG Call - Tuesday 31 May, 2016 at 16:00 for 90 minutes

Based on the Article 29 correspondence noted below (including the back and forth with ICANN), I think we can say that a possible requirement is that there should be a specified period of time for data retention passed the contract period that is consistent with applicable law.

I also have a question generally about the Article 29 materials.  As (if I understand it properly), the EU data retention regulations have been promulgated and go into effect in 2 years, should we be looking at those for possible requirements and/or should we note that the article 29 working papers possible requirements may be superseded by the regulations?