[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] RDS 5 Charter questions

Susan Kawaguchi susank at fb.com
Tue Jun 14 21:51:12 UTC 2016

Hello All,

I have been thinking about the RDS discussion from this morning’s meeting and wanted to clarify my personal position (not as a vice chair of the WG)  I think we will complicate our task if we initially limit the discussion to  three of the charter questions relating to users/purposes, privacy and data elements.  Much thought went into drafting the charter and brainstorming how a WG should approach deliberations.

Users/Purposes
Privacy
Data elements
Access
Accuracy

All of the above are very interrelated and I can’t imagine that we can sufficiently discuss one or two without the others.

One other issue that comes to mind is that we must keep in mind PII data but we also have to be wary of creating requirements that convey data protection rights of individuals to commercial entities.  For each of the topics above we need to address how it would affect an individual or a commercial entity.

I think we should move forward with the original plan according to the Charter and discuss all 5 issues in the first pass.
Susan Kawaguchi
Domain Name Manager
Facebook Legal Dept.