[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] Notes & action items from 22/6 RDS PDP WG meeting

Gomes, Chuck cgomes at verisign.com
Wed Jun 22 19:00:05 UTC 2016

Please note Volker that it is just an example to facilitate understanding.  It is not time to debate it.  We will get to that point later.


From: gnso-rds-pdp-wg-bounces at icann.org [mailto:gnso-rds-pdp-wg-bounces at icann.org] On Behalf Of Volker Greimann
Sent: Wednesday, June 22, 2016 10:36 AM
To: gnso-rds-pdp-wg at icann.org
Subject: Re: [gnso-rds-pdp-wg] Notes & action items from 22/6 RDS PDP WG meeting

I would go further and like to ask this language to be amended to international and national laws.



Am 22.06.2016 um 16:03 schrieb Metalitz, Steven:
Chuck (and colleagues),

Sorry to have missed last night's call.

Question re one of the examples you proposed (in the document we have been asked to review) as a "possible requirement ....that would apply to the RDS in all circumstances" (item 3(b)(i)(2) of the document):  "The RDS must be in compliance with applicable international law."

Could you provide an example of what you mean by "international law" in this context?

Thanks, and apologies if this was asked and answered last night, but I did not see any mention of it in the notes.

Steve Metalitz

From: gnso-rds-pdp-wg-bounces at icann.org<mailto:gnso-rds-pdp-wg-bounces at icann.org> [mailto:gnso-rds-pdp-wg-bounces at icann.org] On Behalf Of Marika Konings
Sent: Wednesday, June 22, 2016 2:15 AM
To: gnso-rds-pdp-wg at icann.org<mailto:gnso-rds-pdp-wg at icann.org>
Subject: [gnso-rds-pdp-wg] Notes & action items from 22/6 RDS PDP WG meeting

Dear All,

Please find below the notes & action items from today's meeting. You are requested to especially take note of the following action item #3 - your input on the attached document is requested by Friday 24 June at the latest.

Best regards,


Notes RDS PDP WG Meeting - 22 June 2016:

These high-level notes are designed to help PDP WG members navigate through the content of the call and are not meant as a substitute for the transcript and/or recording. The MP3, transcript, and chat are provided separately and are posted on the wiki at: https://community.icann.org/x/C4xlAw.

1)   Roll Call / SOI

*         Roll call will be taken from Adobe Connect

*         Please remember to state your name before speaking and mute your microphones when not speaking.

*         Audio only: Daniel Nanghaka

*         Updates to SOI: Maxim Alzoba

2. Outreach messages 1 & 2:

*         Outreach message #1: Review of public comments received - task 7.e & f

*         Refer to draft comment tool - comments received to date have been plugged into tool to facilitate WG review

*         Comments received are posted: https://community.icann.org/x/pYxlAw

*         Draft responses are being drafted for WG review as a starting point for recording review and actions taken

*         Currently 4 items that need draft responses

Action item #1: Leadership team to prepare draft responses for 4 open items and share with WG prior to WG F2F meeting in Helsinki
Action item #2: Include public comment review tool review as part of the agenda for the WG F2F meeting

ii. Member cooperation in encouraging outreach #2 responses

*         Appreciate work of lead points of contact

*         Any questions from lead points of contacts?

*         Responses have been requested to be submitted no later than the F2F WG meeting in Helsinki

*         Note, additional requirements can still be submitted after the F2F WG meeting, but ideally these are received as soon as possible.

3. Continue discussion on Task 11: Method for reaching consensus in deliberations

*         Last week initial discussion on work plan task 11 - to agree on how to reach consensus in deliberations

*         Document shared on the screen has been updated following WG discussion. Hopefully this will address all the input received, noting that there was necessarily agreement amongst all.

*         No addition of another Initial Report, but commence deliberations with big three (users/purposes, data elements, privacy). Not start with accuracy and gated access until after deliberations on first three. If WG believes outreach is useful after first three and before moving on to next two, WG can decide to do so whether it is formal or informal to test thinking before moving on to the next questions.

*         Initial report to be published for public comment after completion of work on first five questions.

*         Formal consensus call only after input on Initial Report

*         Next step is to organise the possible requirements - to allow for tackling them in groups, prerequisites, dependencies, etc. Lisa and Susan have commenced this work - WG will have a chance to review and comment. Try to get first three done prior to Helsinki, but as this is a significant task, it may not be possible to complete this part of the work by Helsinki.

*         See latest version shared during the call with triage in progress as of 21 June 2016. Note, no changes to any of the requirements, just re-organisation: triage - take requirements and indicate pre-requisites/dependencies and which phase it falls into (phases from process framework). Also trying to group possible duplicates and similar requirements so that these can possibly be deliberated on together. See initial grouping key on page 26 and 27 - in no particular order.

*         Nothing is set in stone, this is a first attempt to organise the document. Any comments/input will be welcome.

*         Advantage of table is that it will allow for sorting according to phase or other requirements.

*         Consider adding a grouping for legal requirements? Note, there is currently one titled 'applicable law'. May be necessary to have sub-groupings in certain cases.

*         Idea to start deliberations on something sooner than organisation of documents has been finished. See step 3b of document. WG asked to identify possible requirements that would apply to RDS in all circumstances (see examples identified in document).

Action item #3: share document with mailing list and request feedback by Friday 24 June at the latest (see attached).

4. Planning for Helsinki meeting

*         Cross-community session incl. sharing of WG possible requirements examples

*         See https://community.icann.org/x/iyCOAw for latest version of presentation. No additional examples received, so for now stick with examples identified in original presentation. If WG members want to come forward with other examples, they would need to identify those as soona s possible.

*         Agenda for F2F WG meeting

*         To be updated to reflect current state of work

5. Confirm next meeting - F2F meeting in Helsinki: Tuesday June 28, 2016 08:00 - 12.00 Hall B

*         No meetings in the week after the Helsinki meeting, recommence on 12 July

Marika Konings
Senior Policy Director & Team Leader for the GNSO, Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN)
Email: marika.konings at icann.org<mailto:marika.konings at icann.org>

Follow the GNSO via Twitter @ICANN_GNSO
Find out more about the GNSO by taking our interactive courses<http://learn.icann.org/courses/gnso> and visiting the GNSO Newcomer pages<http://gnso.icann.org/sites/gnso.icann.org/files/gnso/presentations/policy-efforts.htm#newcomers>.


gnso-rds-pdp-wg mailing list

gnso-rds-pdp-wg at icann.org<mailto:gnso-rds-pdp-wg at icann.org>



Bei weiteren Fragen stehen wir Ihnen gerne zur Verfügung.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Volker A. Greimann

- Rechtsabteilung -

Key-Systems GmbH

Im Oberen Werk 1

66386 St. Ingbert

Tel.: +49 (0) 6894 - 9396 901

Fax.: +49 (0) 6894 - 9396 851

Email: vgreimann at key-systems.net<mailto:vgreimann at key-systems.net>

Web: www.key-systems.net<http://www.key-systems.net> / www.RRPproxy.net<http://www.RRPproxy.net>

www.domaindiscount24.com<http://www.domaindiscount24.com> / www.BrandShelter.com<http://www.BrandShelter.com>

Folgen Sie uns bei Twitter oder werden Sie unser Fan bei Facebook:



Geschäftsführer: Alexander Siffrin

Handelsregister Nr.: HR B 18835 - Saarbruecken

Umsatzsteuer ID.: DE211006534

Member of the KEYDRIVE GROUP


Der Inhalt dieser Nachricht ist vertraulich und nur für den angegebenen Empfänger bestimmt. Jede Form der Kenntnisgabe, Veröffentlichung oder Weitergabe an Dritte durch den Empfänger ist unzulässig. Sollte diese Nachricht nicht für Sie bestimmt sein, so bitten wir Sie, sich mit uns per E-Mail oder telefonisch in Verbindung zu setzen.


Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,

Volker A. Greimann

- legal department -

Key-Systems GmbH

Im Oberen Werk 1

66386 St. Ingbert

Tel.: +49 (0) 6894 - 9396 901

Fax.: +49 (0) 6894 - 9396 851

Email: vgreimann at key-systems.net<mailto:vgreimann at key-systems.net>

Web: www.key-systems.net<http://www.key-systems.net> / www.RRPproxy.net<http://www.RRPproxy.net>

www.domaindiscount24.com<http://www.domaindiscount24.com> / www.BrandShelter.com<http://www.BrandShelter.com>

Follow us on Twitter or join our fan community on Facebook and stay updated:



CEO: Alexander Siffrin

Registration No.: HR B 18835 - Saarbruecken

V.A.T. ID.: DE211006534

Member of the KEYDRIVE GROUP


This e-mail and its attachments is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. Furthermore it is not permitted to publish any content of this email. You must not use, disclose, copy, print or rely on this e-mail. If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected this e-mail, kindly notify the author by replying to this e-mail or contacting us by telephone.

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/gnso-rds-pdp-wg/attachments/20160622/df317101/attachment.html>

More information about the gnso-rds-pdp-wg mailing list