[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] Next AoC WHOIS Review

Rob Golding rob.golding at astutium.com
Mon May 2 14:08:48 UTC 2016

On 2016-04-28 15:32, Alan Greenberg wrote:
> Having such a review (ie shutting it down immediately) would not be a
> good thing.

Whilst I personally think the 5 years since the last RT was _started_
rather than 5 years since it was _finished_ is a "mistake", that is what
the rules are and they are the rules we should be following and
enforcing.

I disagree that it starting and stopping near-immediately is not "a good
thing" - it belittles the whole concept if an RT cannot convene and
*make it's own decision* that due to other ongoing works in the area,
that the RT would do it's job more effectively by waiting until that
work was completed.

Instructing them to make that determination is wrong.

Having them make that determination themselves would certainly not be
(and no-action-needed-right-now should be a valid RT decision) - and if
the RT members are 'experts' I would expect them to come to that
decision over WHOIS/RDS right now.

Let's follow the bylaws as written, not start deciding which are
convenient to be followed

Rob