[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] A Reality Check - Warrantless Searches Surge

Richard Padilla padilla.richard at gmail.com
Fri May 6 23:05:24 UTC 2016

This was only going to be a matter of time, few things that may have to be
followed is where it goes from here so that does it mean that governments
around the world will have to look at updating all such antiquated laws and
make them 21st century proof, and/or is it time to finally present an
overall grounding of what ad how the internet should be governed as within
a set of laws devised and set by those that can provide the fundamentals of
protection of personal data, privacy and others. My 2 cents worth.

Regards

On Fri, 6 May 2016 at 16:17 Carlton Samuels <carlton.samuels at gmail.com>
wrote:

> So we beavers are busy building [privacy] lodges but here's where the
> rubber hits the road....the real deal.
>

> http://www.infoworld.com/article/3066712/privacy/warrantless-searches-surge-as-online-privacy-dwindles.html
>
> The transparency report referred in the article can be found here:
>

> https://icontherecord.tumblr.com/transparency/odni_transparencyreport_cy2015
>
> I just love it!  We-been-transparent-but-we
> can't-tell-you-everything-or-else-we'd-have-to-shoot-you!
>
> As they'd say in Texas, 'well knock me down and steal mah good teeth!"
>
> -Carlton

Richard Padilla MSc