[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] Notes and action items RDS PDP WG 10 May meeting

Marika Konings marika.konings at icann.org
Tue May 10 17:50:41 UTC 2016

Dear All,

Please find below the notes and action items from today¹s meeting.

Best regards,


RDS PDP WG Meeting ­ 10 May 2016 ­ Notes & Action Items

These high-level notes are designed to help PDP WG members navigate through
the content of the call and are not meant as a substitute for the transcript
and/or recording. The MP3, transcript, and chat are provided separately and
are posted on the wiki at: https://community.icann.org/x/C4xlAw.

1. Roll Call / SOI
* Please state name before speaking
* Remember to mute your microphones and computers when not speaking
* Remember to update your SOIs as well as the last field concerning the date
of last update (note for new SOIs, this is an automated field, but not for
SOIs that are already on file)
2. SO/AC/SG/C Early Outreach Message

Action item #1: Leadership team to finalise outreach message for
distribution to SO/AC/SG/Cs by tomorrow (Wednesday 11 May)

3. Discuss updated Phase 1 Work Plan - RDS PDP WG
* See latest draft distributed on the mailing list (dated 5 May)
* Adjust date for 7e based on actual circulation date of SO/AC/SG/C outreach
* Item 8 - any and all requirements could be identified here, does not only
need to relate to purpose. Possible list of requirements, no substance or
analysis yet - will happen as part of the deliberations.
* How to avoid mixing process with substances?
* Helsinki meeting could be used to get input from others, also should
additional materials and/or webinars be prepared to facilitate the
preparation of SO/AC/SG/Cs
* Are the timeframes realistic for item 8c - what is expected from the WG?
At this stage, the WG is not asked to express their opinion on the
requirements on the list, but only to add any that are missing which will be
added without discussion. Following that, the document will be reviewed for
possible duplication and re-grouping.
* Need to differentiate between what Registrars collect as part of their
business practices and what ICANN requires Registrars to collect them as
part of accreditation and contractual requirements. This makes ICANN a data
controller according to some. Others note that the people or bodies that
collect and manage personal data are called 'data controllers'.
* The list is POSSIBLE requirements - whether they will become requirements
will be determined by the WG after deliberation.
* Step 9 to be refined after step 8 - will need to determine whether further
outreach will be needed and in what form. Need to update dates as the
current ones are not realistic.
* Leadership team will aim to keep the WG moving forward, but cannot
overrush it either.
* Update in step 13 reference to 12e, not 12d
* Is there anything in this work plan that anyone seriously objects to? Is
this work plan, understanding that it is dynamic and it will change,
sufficiently good enough for the WG to consider it final and for the
community to see? Note, dates will be updated as concerns have been
expressed in relation to some of the dates that do not reflect the current
timeline. No objecctions expressed by those on the call - draft work plan
considered good enough to move forward.
Action item #2 - make sure that dates in work plan are realistic (see for
example item 9, item 10)
Action item #3 - Those that were not able to attend the meeting are
requested to provide their input on is there anything in this work plan that
anyone seriously objects to? Is this work plan, understanding that it is
dynamic and it will change, sufficiently good enough for the WG to consider
it final and for the community to see? Deadline: by the end of this week
(Friday COB wherever you are). (Note, updated work plan with corrected dates
to be circulated shortly).

4. Update on Helsinki meeting planning
* Tentative F2F WG meeting - Tuesday 28 June from 8.00 - 12.00
* Tentative Cross-Community discussion - Monday 27 June from 17.00 - 18.30
* Cross community sessions are expected to be interactive - not just update
* What are the needs for background or tutorial materials to make sessions
* As this is the first time the meeting is run in this format, ideas and
suggestions to get the most out of this meeting are welcome
* Leadership team will come back to full WG with ideas for how to design the
session on RDS in a very positive way (for example, to get community input
on possible reqts)
5. Confirm next steps / next meeting
* 18 May 05.00 UTC

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/gnso-rds-pdp-wg/attachments/20160510/81b315a9/attachment.html>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: smime.p7s
Type: application/pkcs7-signature
Size: 4599 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/gnso-rds-pdp-wg/attachments/20160510/81b315a9/smime.p7s>

More information about the gnso-rds-pdp-wg mailing list