[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] [renamed] Key early questions

'Andrew Sullivan' ajs at anvilwalrusden.com
Wed May 11 20:09:50 UTC 2016

On Wed, May 11, 2016 at 03:56:06PM -0400, Michael D. Palage wrote:
> You raise a really good point.  I just purchased a hybrid hot water heater which can connect to my home network.  When dealing with the Internet of Things the lines regarding what is and is not internet infrastructure are not very black and white.

Can you connect directly to that water heater?  Can others?  Are any
of these people who can connect directly to that without a
pre-existing setup or knowledge of some rendezvous service?  If not,
it's far from clear that it's Internet infrastructure to me.  It's a
node in the network, but that's not "infrastructure" IMO.

ajs at anvilwalrusden.com