[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] Back to basics

Klaus Stoll kdrstoll at gmail.com
Thu May 12 06:54:51 UTC 2016

Dear WG

Thank you for a fascinating ongoing  discussion.

I wonder if in the context of data collection a back to basics approach
would be helpful: Only the data that is absolutely necessary to operate
the DNS in a stable and secure manner should be collected. Everything
else is out of the remit of ICANN. Additional data can be collected
independently of ICANN but only based on consent between registrars and
registrants.

I know this approach is naive, but it might serve as a base line.

Yours

Klaus