[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] Mp3, Attendance & AC Chat Next-Gen RDS PDP WG call 18 May 2016

Farell Folly farellfolly at gmail.com
Tue May 24 15:49:52 UTC 2016

Hello Terri,

I will probably be late on the call. Apologies.
Le 18 mai 2016 14:42, "Terri Agnew" <terri.agnew at icann.org> a écrit :

Dear All,

Please find the attendance of the call attached to this email and the MP3
recording below for the Next-Gen RDS PDP Working group call held on
Wednesday, 18 May 2016 at 05:00 UTC.

*Mp3:* http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-nextgen-rds-18may16-en.mp3
<http://mailer.samanage.com/wf/click?upn=NrFWbrBstcrPWP369qgbqlXiSKeL20xnUXzI03ZqpsvgRhF8anYZT-2Fu85DJG3jGxoGmlGoLqRHH5LSnSPVpQ3ttXlCkecVuF351DBBKTyBc-3D_nEX-2FaOijqgcJlSz5SkmueJu3tRbmaDiuX89gT35tStEeSHP9whdoceObpMxYsFLQddiMZpQjIv8dk6BsBGSJXH7VWN4SGLCJgbGKCk6E-2FTErjF4OKNQt65Dk9NF54IJ9kQpmDNySj7bbNz9G4dXi5BgbCZotTx8KNfyeB0z00f8KsMfETeTNKd7vy2kKI7tttQUIwid4NAhxXgT3nZYwmh2yLT2icJoY6PWqoK-2FEvpLtLbdi-2BFpJirIqsOMrvNg-2BH-2BMK8WHj6KOAtwWrqr6naVav675CCzw-2BYLezdO97TDi-2FV5t72Slc-2FMd0suAtcvWSCO1LMof6EnCsXFHyZZwyMqedREkR2lUzBve2TXgZR7FrM5u5jueavGjk4BGwW4puF3PW9PaG6NkR7EYMBPWQReN5R0uORLadab234qQ4uNm2nH4bx-2BV5QbVzXdiPn-2B44xtxJ1Z2dEOAq4J-2F23Vxh9-2BKNQ71JBK-2BGvI8Z7DjP4pHEs-2F3JpFEPC5siFtoqM-2FW0>

The recordings and transcriptions of the calls are posted on the GNSO
Master Calendar page:

http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar
<http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#nov>

Wiki page: https://community.icann.org/x/8QGOAw

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Terri Agnew

-------------------------------

*Adobe Connect chat transcript for Wednesday, 18 May 2016*

  Terri Agnew:Welcome to the GNSO Next-Gen RDS PDP Working Group call on
Wednesday, 18 May 2016

  Terri Agnew:wiki meeting page: https://community.icann.org/x/8waOAw

  Terri Agnew:Member page/SOI: https://community.icann.org/x/I4xlAw

  Terri Agnew:If you do wish to speak during the call, please either dial
into the audio bridge and give the operator the password RDS, OR click on
the telephone icon at the top of the AC room to activate your AC mics.
Please remember to mute your phone and mics when not speaking.

  Stephanie Perrin:Hi all!

  Chuck Gomes:Hello everyone.

  Sara Bockey:Good Morning from Amsterdam!

  Greg Shatan:1 am here....

  Alex Deacon:good evening from San Francisco!

  Sara Bockey:7am here in Amsterdam.  Much better than the 10pm I usually
do in Phx :)

  Holly Raiche:Good afternoon - 1500 hrs for me.  Unhappily, I have to
leave in 60 minutes, but I LOVE this time for calls (normally, the calls
are 0200 for me)

  Stephanie Perrin:Yes 1 am here....feeling the Ozzies pain.

  Kiran Malancharuvil:10pm in Cali.  Hi everyone.

  Lisa Phifer:Link to work plan page in wiki:
https://community.icann.org/x/oIxlAw

  Farell FOLLY:HI All,

  Farell FOLLY:I am finally able to attend

  Farell FOLLY:;)

  Terri Agnew:Welcome Farell

  Farell FOLLY:thx

  Lisa Phifer:Link to document displayed now:
https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/59639539/RDS%20PDP%20List%20of%20Possible%20Requirements%20Draft%2017%20May.docx

  Kiran Malancharuvil:I can't hear Holly

  Kiran Malancharuvil:very muffled

  Lisa Phifer:For further description of Coexistence question in charter,
see section 4.6 of Issue Report

  Alex Deacon:this is a nit - but for sorting purposes for #'s less than 10
please prepend with a 0.  i.e .01, 02, 03, ..., 09, 10, 11...

  Alex Deacon:This is great work BTW.   Should set us on the right path....

  Lisa Phifer:@Alex, I assume you'd want two digits for both doc# and
possible requirement #, correct?

  Lisa Phifer:Meaning UP-D01-R01 for example

  Alex Deacon:I don't want to create busy work, but yes that would be
helpful.

  Kiran Malancharuvil:I can't hear anyone.  Feedback.

  Kiran Malancharuvil:Is it just me?

  Greg Shatan:No

  Terri Agnew:the line has been muted

  Farell FOLLY:somebody neeeds to turn off his/her micro?? or Bad
connection ?

  Kiran Malancharuvil:It seems to happen when Stephanie talks?

  Greg Shatan:Hmmm, not my observation from the dox we've seen.

  Stephanie Perrin:Doesnt normally happen....sorry about this.  must be
feedback

  Farell FOLLY:very crashing audio fromother participant than the presenter
... on my side

  Lisa Phifer:D# refers to the source of the possible requirement, whether
that is a published document, an email message to the WG, or even WG
meeting notes. Those are all sources - the idea is merely to be able to
find the source when the time comes to deliberate.

  Farell FOLLY:especially with stephanie

  Stephanie Perrin:Suonds good

  Farell FOLLY:talking ?

  Stephanie Perrin:I am on mute, so if you are hving problems still, must
be elsewhere

  Farell FOLLY:okay.... I can't hear when you are talking

  Greg Shatan:Lisa, thanks for the clarification -- doesn't need to be a
source outside the work fo the AWG.

  Farell FOLLY:but I can hear the presenter excellently..

  Farell FOLLY:hope it won't happen again..

  Stephanie Perrin:This is a ton of work, who compiled all this?

  Lisa Phifer:chuck developed the initial list, the leadership team worked
pulling in ref'd text from the EWG report

  Stephanie Perrin:IF we are taking the EWG report at face value, should we
not go to a public consultation on it first, since it has never had one?

  Beth Allegretti 2:Wow.  Very detailed and organized.

  Marika Konings:@Stephanie - would that mean that all the other documents
that have been identified as sources would also need to go to public
consultation first?

  Stephanie Perrin:We are not taking them as a starting point, are we?

  Marika Konings:and just to re-emphasize what Chuck said, the
deliberations on whether these are indeed valid or not will happen in the
deliberation phase (and eventually those will also go out for public
comment)

  Daniel K. Nanghaka:Finnaly connected to Adobe

  Marika Konings:@Stephanie, but anything from other sources will be added
in the same way - no restrictions or limitations on what can be suggested
and added in this phase of the work

  Daniel K. Nanghaka:I think the documents will go to public consultation

  Stephanie Perrin:But I must say that a document that has gone through the
gauntlet of Article 29 working group scrutiny has had a thorough review by
the data protection authorities of all states in Europe....a wee bit more
authoritative than the EWG report in my humble opinion.

  Farell FOLLY:I have a question about the name nomenclature.. When we
write De-D1-Rxx, where does the input Rxx is taken from ? Only from D1 ?

  Lisa Phifer:Bear in mind that possible requirements can come from any
source - published documents, email suggestions, suggestions made during
oureach #2, etc - this is intended to be an inclusive list to create a
comprehensive starting point for WG deliberation

  Farell FOLLY:Lisa, so considering what you've said.. I assume no ?

  Lisa Phifer:@Farrell, just numbered sequentially as possible requirements
are suggested from the same source

  Farell FOLLY:Rx is taken from any relevant document for a better
exhaustivity ? I  guess

  Farell FOLLY:ok.. Lisa.. clear....So there is no input from the sub
groups yet.

  Farell FOLLY:(summaries and recommendations)

  Lisa Phifer:@Farrell, we'll just add documents (sources) to Annex A as WG
members start suggesting possible requirements from those sources -
especially key inputs identified by subteams already, but not limited to
those sources

  Daniel K. Nanghaka:I agree

  Alex Deacon:So I'm wondering if sub requirements should use letters.
i.e. the first sub requirement for DE-D01-R07 would be DE-D01-R07a, then
DE-D01-R07b, etc.   Again a personal preference/suggestion only...

  Daniel K. Nanghaka:@Alex, I think it is good for referencing and the
sources noted

  Lisa Phifer:@Alex, we considered that but wanted the ability to move and
delete and add without renumbering

  Farell FOLLY:thx Lisa, good job

  Stephanie Perrin:we are going to wind up with a wish list of
"requirements" that may be wildly outside the remit of ICANN, not
consistent with the purpose of gathering registration data, and illegal.  I
suspect it will be difficult to get them off the list, if marketing data
and intelligence data have any predictive power for this exercise.

  Tjabbe Bos (European Commission):@Chuck - Am I right to understand that
you prefer us to add to the list individually? Or would it be preferrably
be done within the subgroups, i.e. in a coordinated way?

  Stephanie Perrin:you are fading in and out Chuck

  Lisa Phifer:Individually - the sub teams gathered input for 3 questions
but were not tasked with covering all of these charter questions

  Stephanie Perrin:End of the month is not long enought to go through all
the other documents and counter the list gleaned from the EWG report

  Tjabbe Bos (European Commission):thanks Lisa

  Lisa Phifer:Individuals who summarized input docs may be in a good
position to suggest possible requirements from those docs

  Holly Raiche:Folks - I have a hard stop now - so have to go - but it has
been a good meeting - Bye

  Greg Shatan:@Stephanie, that's not the assignment at this point -- see
the notes ("not to evaluate, only to add").

  Fabricio Vayra:+1 Greg.

  Fabricio Vayra:@Marika.  Will calendar invites be sent out to us re:
meetings/sessions?

  Stephanie Perrin:Right, so we are stuck with all the stuff that is in the
EWG report because it is already there.

  Marika Konings:@Fabricio - yes, nearer to the date, the information for
remote participation will be circulated which I believe does include an ics
file to add it to your calendar - but maybe Terri can confirm.

  Stephanie Perrin:I don't actually have 40 hours to donate to ICANN this
week, to digest all the requirements from the other documents.  Sorry

  Fabricio Vayra:Thanks, Marika.  Much appreciate it.

  Terri Agnew:ical will not be attached but notification will be sent out

  VAIBHAV AGGARWAL:HI

  VAIBHAV AGGARWAL:Sorry I am late But I am here now :-)

  Greg Shatan:ical neverseems to be attached....

  Fabricio Vayra:Thanks, Chuck

  VAIBHAV AGGARWAL:ICANN 57 is happening in India - I happy to Welcome

  Farell FOLLY:thanks chuck

  Sam Lanfranco:Thanks Chuck...

  Susan Kawaguchi:Thanks Chuck

  Farell FOLLY:good job !

  VAIBHAV AGGARWAL:I will be hppy to facilitate the members of the WG

  VAIBHAV AGGARWAL:for the community meetings

  Vlad Dinculescu:Thanks all. Bye.

  Greg Shatan:Bye all!

  VAIBHAV AGGARWAL:Thanks Chuck

  Susan Prosser:bye. all

  Daniel K. Nanghaka:Bye

  Daniel K. Nanghaka:Thanks Chuck for the great meeting