[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] RDS Statement of Purpose

James Galvin jgalvin at afilias.info
Fri Sep 9 12:26:51 UTC 2016

I believe we are in agreement but just to be sure let me ask a specific
question related to the diagram you referenced.

In that diagram, a registrant identity would be associated with a domain
from the point immediately after the “available” cloud to the point
just before the “released” cloud.

Further, I could imagine, going back to a comment that Share Kerr made,
that a parallel line exists for names that are reserved by a registry,
i.e., the “registrant” (or contact information) for a reserved name
is the registry.  My reason for suggesting a separate path is because
the events that affect the life cycle of a reserved name are different
than those that affect a registered name.

Do you agree?

Jim