[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] Proposed Agenda for WG Call - Tuesday, 27 September 2016 at 16:00 UTC

Catalyst-Vaibhav Aggarwal va at bladebrains.com
Tue Sep 27 20:08:42 UTC 2016

Thanx.
So My Thought is not just limited to Contractual Obligations or Privacy
Concerns. In My opinion, RDS (and Alan picked up a valid point) should be
RDS (System & Or Service) not just Data. Like TMCH is not just a Repository,
for the sake of operations, it is a Service. When We look at a holistic
approach in the entirety, & right now, we are, to an extent re-creating what
is already created (well at least in parts).

For e.g. A Specific Purpose should include, Protection of Who Is
Information, Non-Sale of Whois Data (It costs a Lot more to the Hosting /
Registries / registrars / Service Providers at large) in maintaining the
Server Traffic generated via spam than earning through sales of such data.
It will take care of Cyber threats and hacks to an extent.

Etc etc et all.

I will try and Put together some thoughts on this and share more viz-e-viz
the Charter & some earlier discussions. I have already hoarded some related
material which I will share on the list in due course.

Keep smiling & God bless,
-VA