[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] international law enforcement association resolution regarding domain registration data

Hollenbeck, Scott shollenbeck at verisign.com
Mon Apr 24 12:47:36 UTC 2017

I must have missed this note when it was original sent back in March. Chuck asked me to address one of the questions posed below.

Scott

We already have "anonymized unique identifiers" in the form of contact identifiers, sometimes also known as "handles" (but not to be confused with handle system (RFC 3650) identifiers). For example, a WHOIS query for a particular domain to one particular thick RDDS registry service will return a registrant identifier of "C270-LRMS" in addition to the more identifiable information that we're all familiar with. RDAP also supports these identifiers, so they are available for purposes as we see fit to recommend.

Scott