[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] [EXT] Re: international law enforcement association resolution regarding domain registration data

gtheo gtheo at xs4all.nl
Tue Apr 25 08:58:08 UTC 2017

Hi Scott, thanks for the reminder of the handle ids.

My suggestion was actually to go beyond the current contact identifier
and use unique identifiers for more contact fields.
Data anonymisation is very common for a lot of smartphone apps in
combination with the location of users and used a lot in different
industries.

Infact, the GDPR and the Eprivacy regulation describe what legal options
there are when it comes to abuse mitigation. Did we have input from
Europol on how they deal with the current EU directives? During
Copenhagen, the person from Interpol explained rather well how they were
in compliance with privacy laws around the globe and is part of their
compliance procedure and catching criminals.

Best,

Theo