[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] IMPORTANT: Action Items and Notes from Next-Generation RDS PDP Working Group Call - 25 April 2017

Gomes, Chuck cgomes at verisign.com
Thu Apr 27 13:26:08 UTC 2017

Paul,

As became clear in our meeting earlier this week and the discussions that have followed, we will have to be very clear about what we mean by gated.  It is my opinion right now that we will probably need to treat the following types of gating differently: operational gating such as rate limiting and Captcha and what you mention as ‘purpose’ gating.  I think you are correct that these can be thought of as a form of gating but I don’t believe that they are what we need to focus on. I believe the Gated Access that we need to focus on relates to restricting access to certain categories of users to information that is not available to the general public.

Does that make sense?

Purpose based access is a key element of the EWG Report and the GDPR.

Chuck