[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] international law enforcement association resolution regarding domain registration data

Ayden Férdeline icann at ferdeline.com
Thu Apr 27 21:16:52 UTC 2017

I appreciate that you consider “Sharing whois info [to be] a vital part of legitimate use of whois”, but if sharing such information would not comply with applicable laws, it is not something that this Working Group can condone, in my view. Also, I am not a lawyer, but I believe “vital” interests are separately defined at least within the context of the GDPR and are very limited in scope.

- Ayden