[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] international law enforcement association resolution regarding domain registration data

tisrael at cippic.ca tisrael at cippic.ca
Fri Apr 28 16:05:34 UTC 2017

Does ICANN have an issue-tracking mechanism? Something like:
https://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues
https://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/6

Best,
Tamir

On 2017-04-28 11:18 AM, Dotzero wrote:

> +1 to having an open list and a summary list.
>
> -1 to Nathalie suggesting that the debate is just for legal experts.
> This encompasses wider issues and principles than just law. Something
> may be legal but not ethical, moral or practical. If this were only
> about law then we could just pass a law that bad people shouldn't do
> bad things and be done with it.
>
> Mike
>
> On Fri, Apr 28, 2017 at 11:07 AM, nathalie coupet via gnso-rds-pdp-wg
> <gnso-rds-pdp-wg at icann.org <mailto:gnso-rds-pdp-wg at icann.org>> wrote:
>
>     +1 for having a scribe
>
>     +1 for having a debate of legal experts (this is way above our heads)
>
>     Nathalie
>

>     On Friday, April 28, 2017 11:03 AM, Michael Peddemors
>     <michael at linuxmagic.com <mailto:michael at linuxmagic.com>> wrote:
>

>     On 17-04-28 07:47 AM, Gomes, Chuck via gnso-rds-pdp-wg wrote:
>     > If any of you have ideas regarding how we can manage list
>     discussion as
>     > well as meeting discussions in a more effective manner, please
>     feel free
>     > to share them.
>
>     Might I make a suggestion?  Have two lists, one for unfettered, and
>     possibly heated discussion, as this topic is bound to generate strong
>     opinions.  This should require 'less' moderation.
>
>     The other list should be a 'minutes' list, for those who believe in
>     being part of this, that do not have time to read all opinions.
>
>     It would require a dedicated 'minute taker', but it could be very
>     helpful to reduce many of the emails to their important salient
>     position
>     statements.
>
>     Eg.. (Using a short example from me)
>
>     (This is what would be posted on the unfettered list)
>
>     An example why free unfettered access to whois information is
>     important.
>     We are engaged in identifying actors in spam/fraud/abuse in the email
>     space, and when we see..
>
>     #  66.155.32.4                      2  TheAbigailHaley.com
>     #  66.155.32.10                  2  okfamilies.com
>     <http://okfamilies.com>
>     #  66.155.32.15                  1  GameLandNow.com
>
>     It is important to see if this is a single actor, or multiple actors..
>     In this case, whois reveals that it is a single actor..
>
>     (This is what would be posted on the 'minutes' list.
>
>     Michael P: Supports the position of unfettered valid whois access, in
>     order to identify in aggregate activity across multiple domains,
>     as part
>     of spam/fraud/abuse detection
>
>     And if there are arguments against that position, it could be as
>     simple
>     as ..
>
>     John F, Frank C, and 4 others support Michael P's position
>     Lisa T, Jay F, and 3 others have arguments against (See List)
>

>     --
>     "Catch the Magic of Linux..."
>     Michael Peddemors, President/CEO LinuxMagic Inc.
> [...]

Tamir Israel
Staff Lawyer

Samuelson-Glushko Canadian Internet Policy & Public Interest Clinic (CIPPIC)
University of Ottawa | Faculty of Law | CML Section
57 Louis Pasteur Street
Ottawa | ON | K1N 6N5
☎: (613) 562-5800 ext. 2914
Fax: (613) 562-5417
PGP Key: 0x7F01E2C7
<https://cippic.ca/documents/keys/tisrael@cippic.ca-pub.txt>
PGP Fingerprint: 871C 31EC B6CC 3029 A1A1 14C4 D119 76EC 7F01 E2C7

*♺ Do you really need to print this email? / Est-ce nécessaire
d’imprimer ce courriel?*