[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] Probably a question for later -- is "whowas" part of RDS? (was Re: Domain Name Management)

Andrew Sullivan ajs at anvilwalrusden.com
Fri Dec 8 16:31:23 UTC 2017

On Fri, Dec 08, 2017 at 11:23:43AM -0500, allison nixon wrote:
> What is your point?  The data was served from the original whois service
> itself. It is evidence.

It seems to me that the above is a question we're eventually going to
have to address, but I think it's not today's problem, right?

Nevertheless, it is an important issue to resolve: does the future RDS
include "whowas", or does the future RDS only contain current state
(the way the whois does today)?

I propose we bracket the question and put it on the punch list for
later, so that we can make the progress on the immediate questions as
we commited in the last call to do.

ajs at anvilwalrusden.com