[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] Article 29 Working Party to ICANN

Hollenbeck, Scott shollenbeck at verisign.com
Mon Dec 11 17:44:30 UTC 2017

From: gnso-rds-pdp-wg [mailto:gnso-rds-pdp-wg-bounces at icann.org] On Behalf Of Michele Neylon - Blacknight
Sent: Monday, December 11, 2017 11:10 AM
To: Richard Leaning <rleaning at ripe.net>; Chuck <consult at cgomes.com>
Cc: gnso-rds-pdp-wg <gnso-rds-pdp-wg at icann.org>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [gnso-rds-pdp-wg] Article 29 Working Party to ICANN

Dick

We have been thinking about what it means in reality, as we are the ones who will have to implement it.

For now, I can see a situation where a registrar will end up running RDAP with ACLs. And there’ll be layers of access with logging etc.,

[SAH] It doesn’t have to be implemented that way, Michele. It can be, of course, be federated authentication gives us another option. Making a federated system work will require cooperation among identity providers and relying parties, and ICANN might be able to play a role in facilitating that cooperation.

Scott