[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] Hamilton memo Part II

Maxim Alzoba m.alzoba at gmail.com
Tue Dec 19 09:23:02 UTC 2017

Hell all

I think text is quite blurry

those bits might mean that the answers relevant for non-EU companies should not be expected
(other than obey to EU law, even outside of EU):

2.15.2  Where data is processed outside of the EU (or if non-EU legislation would have extraterritorial reach), other data protection laws than European laws may apply. This is however outside the scope of our assessment and has not been reviewed by us.
and

2.12.2  In order for a public interest to exist according to the GDPR, such interest needs to be laid down in either EU law or EU member state national law.

though some useful items could be in part 3 (see 2.6.1)

Sincerely Yours,

Maxim Alzoba
Special projects manager,
International Relations Department,