[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] New Year Challenge

Andrew Sullivan ajs at anvilwalrusden.com
Tue Jan 3 21:01:02 UTC 2017

Hi,

On Tue, Jan 03, 2017 at 02:56:35PM -0500, Stephanie Perrin wrote:

> Anyway if anyone can help me understand how resellers work I would be most
> grateful.

Nobody is ever going to be able to answer this question accurately,
because part of (not the only) the _reason_ we have the reseller
market we have is because of the RDS rules we have.  If we change the
rules, the reseller market will change.

ICANN is not a regulator, and the Internet is not anyway a product of
treaties so regulation will not be effective.  Therefore, the idea
that there is a True Answer to these sorts of questions is at bottom
mistaken.

This also suggests that all the effort to insist on every possible
thing being in the RDS is futile.

ajs at anvilwalrusden.com