[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] List Discussion Topics

Chuck Gomes Consulting consult at cgomes.com
Wed Jul 5 15:13:01 UTC 2017

To facilitate implementation of our WG email list discussion rules, here are
topics for discussion for the days leading up to our next WG meeting on 18
July:

1.       Superset of data elements

a.       In the F2F WG meeting in Johannesburg, we decided as our next step
to concentrate on the superset of data elements that may be collected and
possibly displayed in the RDS.

b.       In the F2F meeting we did a brief overview of the entire table of
proposed elements from the EWG Report; see Data Elements Handout.pdf
<https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/64947348/Data%20Elements%2
0Handout.pdf?version=1&modificationDate=1498639126213&api=v2> .

c.       Staff will distribute an expanded version based on input received
and members are welcome to suggest additional elements.

d.       Our near-term task is to decide which of these elements should be
included in the superset for possible collection in the RDS, which ones
should be deleted from the superset, and what new elements should be added
to the superset.

e.       If you would like to discuss this topic please use the message
title in bold above or respond to another member's message on the topic.

2.        Specific data elements from 1 above.  Each data element or a
subset of them should be entered as the message subject so that members who
would like to continue the thread will know exactly what the thread topic
is.  For example, someone could start a thread on the topic of "Registrant
Contact Information" or more specifically "Registrant Email Address".
Discussion should then focus on reasons for or against including identified
data element(s) in the superset of all possible data elements. Note that the
soon-to-be released poll will provide another opportunity for expressing
your opinion and rationale for most of the possible elements.  Here are some
specific data elements that were discussed in our F2F meeting that would
make suitable topics for list discussion.

a.       Registrant Name

b.       Registrant Contact ID

c.       Organization Type

d.       Telephone Number (for any contact or for a specific contact)

e.       Alternative Contact Information (e.g., Twitter handles)

f.        Language of the Domain Name (for IDNs)

3.       Questions about the poll that will be distributed shortly.  Please
use the message subject Poll Clarification.

Feel free to open a new discussion thread on any of the above bolded topics
as subject or respond to a thread already started on one of them by another
WG member.

General questions about process are always welcome; please use the message
subject 'Process Question'.  And references to new sources of information
that may be helpful to the WG in the future are also encouraged but please
refrain from getting into detailed discussion about specific content topics
until they relate to a current subject of discussion; please use the message
subject 'New Source of WG Information'.

Thanks for your cooperation.