[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] List discussion topics

Paul Keating Paul at law.es
Thu Jul 27 12:19:41 UTC 2017

Sorry but I disagree.

A tech or admin contact generally fits into one of the following categories:

1. Agent of the registrant (e.g. Hired or retained to serve).
2. Employee of the registrant
3. A non-individual.

As to #1 and 2, the service in the capacity is part of the responsibilities
of the agent/employee.  The contact information is the contact information
used by the agent/employee for commercial purposes.  In fact it is generally
either the business email address of the non-individual company or of the
registrant. This is not in fact personal information any more than my email
address for my law firm is personal information.  If it were otherwise the
world would grind to a halt because no one could use or publish even an
email issued by the agent/employee on behalf of and in his/her capacity as
an agent/employee.

As for #3, non-individual information is not covered by any of the relevant
data protection laws.

Again, lets focus on the data sets and not incorporate )(at this stage)
issues of what level of access should be granted to those sets.

Paul