[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] ICANN Ombudsman: RDS Leadership Team and RDS Participants

Herb Waye herb.waye at icann.org
Wed Jun 14 20:58:05 UTC 2017

Hello Chuck,

Thank you for accepting my request to join the GNSO RDS PDP WG email list.

As I have discussed with you and your leadership team, I will be reviewing the WG archives over the next couple of days before addressing a more fulsome email to all participants.

As mentioned I have received multiple complaints regarding behavior that contravenes the ICANN Expected Standards of Behavior and possibly the Community Anti-Harassment Policy, specifically in this working group.

The community is aware respect is high on my list of priorities and I consider it an important value that allows constructive debate.

I would like to inform the participants that I am now receiving all emails posted to the list and will discuss my findings with the group in an email before ICANN59.

Best regards,

Respectfully, Herb

Herb Waye
ICANN Ombudsman

https://www.icann.org/ombudsman
https://www.facebook.com/ICANNOmbudsman
Twitter: @IcannOmbudsman

ICANN Expected Standards of Behavior:
https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/expected-standards-15sep16-en.pdf
Community Anti-Harassment Policy
https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/community-anti-harassment-policy-2017-03-24-en
Confidentiality
All matters brought before the Ombudsman shall be treated as confidential.  The Ombudsman shall also take all reasonable steps necessary to preserve the privacy of, and to avoid harm to, those parties not involved in the complaint being investigated by the Ombudsman.The Ombudsman shall only make inquiries about, or advise staff or Board members of the existence and identity of, a complainant in order to further the resolution of the complaint.  The Ombudsman shall take all reasonable steps necessary to ensure that if staff and Board members are made aware of the existence and identity of a complainant, they agree to maintain the confidential nature of such information, except as necessary to further the resolution of a complaint