[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] authoritative

Andrew Sullivan ajs at anvilwalrusden.com
Mon May 1 17:45:29 UTC 2017

On Mon, May 01, 2017 at 05:29:28PM +0000, nathalie coupet wrote:
> Can blockchain technologies turn thick WHOIS data in registries into authoritative data by reducing the lag time between updates? Nathalie

I can't see how.  What would a blockchain have to do with this?  If
anything, a blockchain system would mean that you didn't need a
registry, because you'd be able to prove who owned anything at any
time.  (But there would be other problems.)  I think for this
discussion blockchains are just a distraction.

ajs at anvilwalrusden.com