[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] Definitions: Authentication and Anonymity

Greg Shatan gregshatanipc at gmail.com
Sat May 20 20:38:52 UTC 2017

I think it would also be great if we had private sector GDPR experts
participating in this WG as well.  This perspective is really being lost
here so far.

For instance, I just downloaded an extensive document from Trust-e on
business compliance with GDPR; also many law firms are beginning to issue
public papers on private sector compliance with GDPR (and are presumably
offering significantly more information to their paying clients).  I could
read all of this and more and I would still not likely be a GDPR expert
(nor am I admitted in the EU...).  I'm sure that inside counsel are also
providing advice to their companies.

It would be really helpful (for balance, for ideas, for solutions, etc.) to
hear from this side of the process and not just the government side.  (By
the way, I've put out some feelers for people to participate from this
perspective but no response yet.). Ultimately we are talking about a
private sector implementation, so this is a critical perspective.  I'm sure
that the public sector folks would love to simply dictate how the private
sector should implement their responses to legislation but thankfully
that's not the system most of us live under and certainly not consistent
with the ICANN multistakeholder approach.

Greg

*Greg Shatan *C: 917-816-6428
S: gsshatan
gregshatanipc at gmail.com