[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] Principle on Proportionality for "Thin Data"access

Chris Pelling chris at netearth.net
Tue May 30 22:01:42 UTC 2017

Paul,

There was a request to show how abuse could happen or how THIN data could be abused.

I outlines a mechanism/process of how to retrieve and manipulate the data (potential email address) once you had gained the DNS servers from THIN whois.. No more, no less.

You could write that same code to gain the data from the ROOT zone, but, that is not what we are discussing here and being honest, it would be simpler and quicker to write the small PHP app to do it from thin (or thick for that matter) data.

Kind regards,

Chris