[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] Principle on Proportionality for "Thin Data"access

allison nixon elsakoo at gmail.com
Wed May 31 01:07:25 UTC 2017

Revoking that data can't stop brute force transfer attempts, nor can it
stop spammers. Registrars sell domains in precisely 1 year blocks of time.
There is no uncertainty. I'm not sure these ideas are stemming from
analysis of any sort of threat model.

I actually like the idea of revoking all nameserver data. I like that idea
the more and more I think about it.

SOA data is almost always garbage. 95% of the time I find it useless.