[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] [OFF TOPIC] Spoofed email alert

consult at cgomes.com consult at cgomes.com
Wed Nov 1 04:51:19 UTC 2017

Thanks for the alert John.

Chuck

From: gnso-rds-pdp-wg-bounces at icann.org [mailto:gnso-rds-pdp-wg-bounces at icann.org] On Behalf Of John Horton
Sent: Tuesday, October 31, 2017 2:39 PM
To: RDS PDP WG <gnso-rds-pdp-wg at icann.org>
Subject: [gnso-rds-pdp-wg] [OFF TOPIC] Spoofed email alert

Hi all,

This is off topic for this group, but it actually looks like a number of recipients of spoofed emails are in this group anyway, so I thought I'd drop folks a quick FYI note.

As you all likely know, we have an abuse-reporting process and relationships with many banks, registrars, registries, social media platforms, etc., primarily focused on illicit healthcare websites. Most of our notifications are not via email, although sometimes we reach out this way. An individual has, over the last week or two, been vigorously spoofing our abuse email in order, it appears, to try to take down some of their competitors (a sort of black hat SEO strategy). We're homing in on the spoofer (we're pretty close to confirming who it is), but in the meantime, if you've received what appears to be an inexplicable abuse notification from LegitScript...rest assured it's not us.

If you have received one, I'd be most grateful for the mail headers. :) Thanks, apologies for the off topic email, and now back to our regularly scheduled food fight.

John Horton
President and CEO, LegitScript