[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] FW: IMPORTANT: Invitation for Poll from 21 November Meeting

Alan Woods alan at donuts.email
Fri Nov 24 14:51:47 UTC 2017

Dear all,

I must say that I am having huge difficulty with the phrasing here, I am
not willing to commit to the statements as written, even-though I may have
initially indicated support to statement 1 at the meeting, such assent was
under a misapprehension of the task at hand.

So for absolute clarity here:

Is the point here to:
A) merely accept that the "Resolution of Technical issues", as defined by
DT1, is a *possible* purpose of RDS; or
B) are now trying to get agreement on whether that use case, as defined, is
actually considered a *legitimate *purpose within the new RDS?

*A* seems like the natural next step in the building block approach. *B *is
a leap too far.  We simply require much more in-depth discussion about
several facets specifically regarding 'legitimacy' before we can claim to
make an informed decision.

Kind regards,

Alan

[image: Donuts Inc.] <http://donuts.domains>
Alan Woods
Compliance Manager, Donuts Inc.
------------------------------
One Clarendon Row
Dublin 2, County Dublin
Ireland

<https://www.facebook.com/donutstlds>   <https://twitter.com/DonutsInc>
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/donuts-inc>

Please NOTE: This electronic message, including any attachments, may
include privileged, confidential and/or inside information owned by Donuts
Inc. . Any distribution or use of this communication by anyone other than
the intended recipient(s) is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.  If
you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by replying to
this message and then delete it from your system. Thank you.