[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] IMPORTANT: Invitation for Poll from 29 August Meeting

Andrew Sullivan ajs at anvilwalrusden.com
Sat Sep 2 15:11:37 UTC 2017

Hi,

On Fri, Sep 01, 2017 at 04:50:41PM -0700, jonathan matkowsky wrote:
> It may be important to note from the April 27 advisory
> <https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/registry-agreement-raa-rdds-2015-04-27-en>
> on that Consensus Policy that if data exists for a given optional field,
>  the data MUST be shown. So I would suggest we define optional in that way.

That is a pretty unnatural definition of "optional", and certainly not
one that I expect will be understood by any implementer.  Such a
redefinition away from the plain English meaning of the word is just
asking for bugs.  "Optional" means "you don't have to fill it in", not
"someone might not have collected this".

ajs at anvilwalrusden.com