[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] IMPORTANT: Invitation for Poll from 29 August Meeting

Volker Greimann vgreimann at key-systems.net
Tue Sep 5 13:43:12 UTC 2017

Ah, the old "You are doing it, so it must be required"-argument. Just
because we do something does not mean we are not doing it by choice.

The RDDS Specification merely signifies the format that the whois output
must have, not what must be contained in it. After all, we cannot put
"EXAMPLE REGISTRANT" in that field. The obligation how the fields must
be filled derives from the language in the RAA, which does not require
us to have a general access telephone number for abuse.

Let me remind you that I was in the room when this language was
negotiated ad infinitum, so I do know what we agreed to and what we did
not. I do not remember seeing you there.

Best,

Volker

PS: If you really hold the opinion that a general access abuse contact
is mandatory, please show me the RAA requirement that states that it is
mandatory. There isn't one. Everything else is merely your interpretation.