[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] ICANN Meetings/Conversations with Data Protection and Privacy Commissioners

Sam Lanfranco sam at lanfranco.net
Fri Sep 22 15:37:47 UTC 2017

I have to agree with Andrew here, and have a suggestion.

The Board will meet with whom they wish, but we can suggest that time be
set aside, before or after they meet, for a public dialogue with the
stakeholder constituencies of ICANN. That way we can hear what they are
thinking on this particular issue, and share what we are thinking. This
could be educational for all, and possibly clear the ground for more
productive pdp-wg work, and a better common understanding as between the
Board and the constituency groups.

While I can not be in Abu Dhabi, it might make excellent sense to block
out a piece of that meeting program for this particular conversation
with the Board.

This also may be a topic for the intersessional in February in L.A.

Sam L.