[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] FW: WSGR Final Memorandum

Rob Golding rob.golding at astutium.com
Wed Sep 27 06:17:43 UTC 2017

On 2017-09-26 23:37, John Bambenek via gnso-rds-pdp-wg wrote:
> Building a wall is quickly becoming the rational move.

Grand plan - I have 12 bags of sand and 4 of cement in the garage not
needed, happy to ship it to you so you can get started right away - I'll
pre-mix it for you and have it shipped, I have your address - it's the
one in the WHOIS right ? ;)

> On Sep 26, 2017, at 17:17, John Horton <john.horton at legitscript.com>
> wrote:
>> Much of this problem goes away if we all agree that EU-based
>> registrars should henceforth only be allowed to accept registrants
>> in the EU

As well as
* outside-of-EU registrars are only allowed to accept non EU residents
* WHOIS goes away if the registrar is in the EU
* ICANN fulfils it's obligation to establish an EU based option for
data-escrow
etc

Rob