[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] CIRCL - Luxembourg CERT Statement on WHOIS

John Bambenek jcb at bambenekconsulting.com
Fri Apr 13 23:23:34 UTC 2018

They are talking about the practical negative impact to privacy and security caused by a myopic and one-sided of whois (that everything everywhere needs to be shut off). It should be noted that the DPAs have not specified specific courses of action nor have specific courses of action be presented to them for analysis. For instance a fully free and consent driven system for GDPR impacted constituents has yet to be considered.

Sent from my iPad