[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] CIRCL - Luxembourg CERT Statement on WHOIS

Tapani Tarvainen ncsg at tapani.tarvainen.info
Sun Apr 15 08:40:01 UTC 2018

On Apr 14 16:42, Paul Keating (Paul at law.es) wrote:

> To me this is abundantly clear:
>
> constitutes a legitimate interest of the data controller concerned.

I'm not sure I follow. Any interest of the data controller does not,
at least not in any obvious way, justify giving personal data they
are processing to any third parties, let alone the world at large.

> Insofar as what data is "strictly necessary and proportionate for the
> purposes of ensuring network
> and information security,", that certainly includes the following:
>
> Name (or other means of permitting attribution and identification)
> Email (same)
> IP address
> Creation date

Without going now into that beyong noting that even those are debatable,
what definitely isn't strictly necessary is publishing all that to the
entire world.

--
Tapani Tarvainen