[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] @EXT: RE: IMPORTANT: Invitation for Poll from 9 January Meeting

Paul Keating Paul at law.es
Wed Jan 17 16:26:05 UTC 2018

Chuck and Michele,

In several of my emails I have suggested that ICANN revise the ARA and the
RAA to require the data collection required for security.  This would seem
to be well within ICANN¹s ambit/purpose and having it in the agreement ­ and
passed down to the registrars to collect would remove the present issue ­
which is the fact that the data necessary for
security/certification/investigation is not required to perform the
agreement between the registrant and registrar.

Michele, have the registrars considered such a situation?

Paul Keating