[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] @EXT: RE: FW: IMPORTANT: Invitation for Poll from 24 January Meeting

Mounier, Grégory gregory.mounier at europol.europa.eu
Tue Jan 30 07:14:10 UTC 2018

Dear Nathalie, dear all,

Please see attached a letter sent by the European Commission to ICANN CEO which clarifies a couple of points regarding the GDPR and might shed some lights on the current discussion of the WG on purposes.

‘To ensure transparency and fairness in the processing of WHOIS Data, it is of utmost importance that ICANN clearly specified the different purposes for processing, including the pursuit of certain public policy objectives in the legitimate interest of the controller or third parties(...)´.

Greg

Gregory Mounier
EC3 Outreach
+31 6 55 78 27 43