[Gnso-rpm-documents] Proposed agenda and related documents for RPM Documents Sub Team call on 28 February

Mary Wong mary.wong at icann.org
Tue Feb 27 22:11:49 UTC 2018

Dear Sub Team members,

We hope you have been able to review the updated Consolidated URS Document that Berry circulated on 22 February (re-attached here for your convenience). If we may, staff would like to suggest that the call tomorrow be focused on outstanding issues and specific topics from the updated consolidated document that your review reveals as inaccurate or requiring additional work, and of course the remaining topics in the table. This should allow us to make further progress and not re-open discussion on agreed points. The updated Consolidated URS Document as well as the notes from the Sub Team call last week have also been posted to the Sub Team wiki: https://community.icann.org/x/7hi8B.

To that end, we wish to propose the following agenda (we have not had the chance to run it by J. Scott, so it is very definitely subject to change):

  1.  Roll call
  2.  Discuss those topics/sections from last week that are now noted (in the 22 February updated document) as requiring additional Sub Team work (e.g. the need to refine certain questions for Practitioners and Providers); as part of this discussion, the points brought up in email by Brian and Rebecca can also be discussed as well as any additional inaccuracies or concerns you may spot in the updated document
  3.  Discuss the remaining topics in the table, to identify data needs and potential sources
  4.  Next steps

For agenda item #2, staff has prepared two short documents (attached) that we hope can facilitate any needed additional discussion of the questions to be refined before sending to the Practitioner and Provider Sub Teams. Please note that they do not replace the Consolidated URS Document (which remains the authoritative source of agreed items); however, we hope they will not only aid your work but can also be considered as a useful way to highlight what you propose be sent to the other two Sub Teams when you report to the full Working Group.

For agenda item #4, staff believes that the Working Group co-chairs plan to use some part of the sessions allocated to our Working Group at ICANN61 for reports from and discussions of the work of the various Sub Teams. As such, we recommend that, for the upcoming Sub Team call, you plan on allocating at least a few minutes to agree on what and how you will be reporting back to the full group.

J. Scott, all – please let us know if you’d like to modify the agenda or have additional points to bring up for Sub Team discussion.

Thanks and cheers
Mary