[Gnso-rpm-documents] Agenda - URS Documents Sub Team Meeting on 18 July 2018, 17:00 UTC

Kathy Kleiman kathy at kathykleiman.com
Wed Jul 18 17:10:49 UTC 2018

Hi Brian,
Tx for all your work!  I haven't reviewed the new materials fully, but
did have a question to J1 - Data Sources/Comments:

==> "that providers use the same language(s) for notices sent to both a
registry operator and a registrar with respect to the same complaint
(NOTE: the current practice seems to be that the original notice to a
registry is in English, while that to a registrar may be both in English
as well as the language of the registrant (e.g. Russian)). ACTION: add
to list of provider questions for provider feedback on feasibility of
this suggestion."

Question: important issue; I'm a bit uncertain as what the
recommendation seeks. /Is goal to restrict notices to English, or expand
to local language //(I'm thinking the latter, particularly to encourage
smaller, local registrars to be more response and even understand the
request for extension of suspension). /Local language may be the key!
Perhaps that is the goal here...

Note: Registries and registrars may communicate best in different
languages...

Sorry can't attend this call; parallel TMCH Data subteam call...
Best,
Kathy