[Gnso-rpm-protection] FOR REVIEW: Updated questions (re: Action Items from the Additional Marketplace RPMs Sub Team Call - 28 July 2017)

Kathy Kleiman kathy at kathykleiman.com
Fri Aug 4 13:23:20 UTC 2017

Deletion of Question 2?

As raised in the Subteam group last week, I still do not understand why
question 2 has been deleted. Question 1 seems to be asking what services
are being offered (a quantitative question). Question 2 (former Question
2) seems to be asking whether the public is in a position to understand
the difference between services offered pursuant to ICANN Contract and
pursuant to private offerings (a qualitative and transparency question).

While I think the placement of the question is probably incorrect - it
can certainly be moved later - the underlying issues of transparency,
understandability and separation of additional marketplace services --
and the communication means by which they are shared with the public --
seems very valid. I note that others, from other SGs, agreed in the call
last week.

May I suggest that former #2 be moved to the end of the current
questions to see whether, by the time we reach the end, the issue of
what the Public knows about Additional Marketplace RPMs has been
addressed. If not, this question, in some form, should remain in.

Best regards, Kathy