[Gnso-rpm-protection] Mp3, Attendance, AC recording & AC Chat Review of all Rights Protection Mechanisms (RPMs) Additional Marketplace RPMs Sub Team

Terri Agnew terri.agnew at icann.org
Wed Jun 14 20:09:43 UTC 2017

Dear All,

Please find the attendance of the call attached to this email. The MP3,
Adobe Connect recording and Adobe Connect chat below for the Review of all
Rights Protection Mechanisms (RPMs) Additional Marketplace RPMs Sub Team
Wednesday, 14 June 2017 at 16:45 UTC.

MP3:      https://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-rpm-review-ppm-14jun17-en.mp3

Adobe Connect recording:
<https://participate.icann.org/p45xvviuv7e/?OWASP_CSRFTOKEN=fe4916c8d08a1d57
b6033c272f8baf21b82328e1f63d18ee81e3277664cd772f>
https://participate.icann.org/p45xvviuv7e/

Calendar page:  <http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar>
http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar

Mailing list archives:
<http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/gnso-rpm-protection/>
http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/gnso-rpm-protection/

Wiki agenda page:   <https://community.icann.org/x/UU3wAw>
https://community.icann.org/x/UU3wAw

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Terri

Adobe Connect chat transcript for 14 June 2017:

Terri Agnew:start of AC chat Part 2 ("Private Protections/Additional
Registry RPMs" Sub Team meeting):

  Paul McGrady:Thanks!!

  Greg Shatan:Good call, Paul!

  Danielle Abel:buyeeeee!!!!! ;)

  Greg Shatan:I'm staying on but will need to leave a bit early.

  Terri Agnew:sub team members:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_x_t
crRAw
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_x_
tcrRAw&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=DRa2dXAvSFpC
IgmkXhFzL7ar9Qfqa0AIgn-H4xR2EBk&m=wYIFaQFK5qEpOY_siDEE6Sr9ZHSh1dpt0kesQAmW_x
o&s=_Y_imq_nbpXW6noat9wlbxzZmTE22_PDky-yyy6M_dk&e>
&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=DRa2dXAvSFpCIgmkXh
FzL7ar9Qfqa0AIgn-H4xR2EBk&m=wYIFaQFK5qEpOY_siDEE6Sr9ZHSh1dpt0kesQAmW_xo&s=_Y
_imq_nbpXW6noat9wlbxzZmTE22_PDky-yyy6M_dk&e=

  Steve Levy:If anyone's still on the call, list them as "volunteers".
That'll show 'em! ;-)

  Lillian Fosteris:I assume some people just havent dropped and forgot their
browser is up

  Amr Elsadr:Current list of Private Protections Sub Team is posted here:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_x_t
crRAw
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_x_
tcrRAw&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=DRa2dXAvSFpC
IgmkXhFzL7ar9Qfqa0AIgn-H4xR2EBk&m=wYIFaQFK5qEpOY_siDEE6Sr9ZHSh1dpt0kesQAmW_x
o&s=_Y_imq_nbpXW6noat9wlbxzZmTE22_PDky-yyy6M_dk&e>
&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=DRa2dXAvSFpCIgmkXh
FzL7ar9Qfqa0AIgn-H4xR2EBk&m=wYIFaQFK5qEpOY_siDEE6Sr9ZHSh1dpt0kesQAmW_xo&s=_Y
_imq_nbpXW6noat9wlbxzZmTE22_PDky-yyy6M_dk&e=

  Susan Payne:what Phil said

  Michael R Graham:Phil: Not committing to be a member of subteam, but
interested in discussion to consider possibly joining.  Will act as
"observer".

  Amr Elsadr:Note that there has been one additional member who's signed up
for the Sub Team this week.

  Paul McGrady:I am happy to Chair or Co-Chair

  Susan Payne:Support Paul

  Jon Nevett:Support as well

  Paul McGrady:Agree.  Happy to have Co-help!

  David McAuley:I also support Paul and think Mary's idea is a fair and good
one

  Greg Shatan:Support as well.  You get to run the merry-go-round!

  Kathy Kleiman:45 minutes+ are yours!

  Philip Corwin:Thanks Michael. Again, if there are participants in this
meeting today who do not wish to officially join it on an ongoing basis it
would probably be appropriate for them to act as observers and not speak.

  Brian Cimbolic:+1, Greg.

  Jon Nevett:Let's call it the Payne version!

  Mary Wong:The deletions are retained in the redline that's shown on screen

  Kristine Dorrain - Amazon Registry Services:+1

Susan Payne:ah yes, I see them Mary.  thanks

  Philip Corwin:For the record, fine with this co-chair if the subteam
proceeds as Greg suggested.

  Susan Payne:I'm good with calling it the Nevett version :)

  Amr Elsadr:@Susan: Does Nevett/Payne work, or should it be Payne/Nevett?
;-)

  Paul McGrady:@Kathy - agree!  Font is an issue for me too!  :)

  Philip Corwin:Also noting that if any subteam member believes that a
delleted question is important -- or believes another new question shouold
be added -- that will be reviewed at the full WG level as soon as
practicable

  Roger Baah:I would like to join this sub team.

  Philip Corwin:That's correct Paul. We can decide on next week's full WG
call if we should get into those excluded or additional Qs when we meet in
Joburg

  Philip Corwin:Q 4 could be expanded to address the issue Steve raised

  Kathy Kleiman:I think he's had that up for awhile

  Kathy Kleiman:Can Amr post the great variations that he shared

  Steve Levy:Spinal Tap!

  Amr Elsadr:Suggested names so far:  Non-Mandatory Protections.
Additional Protections.         Registry-Specific RPMs.         Voluntary
Practices.         Voluntary RPMs.         Additional Voluntary RPMs.
Non-Required Protections.         Private Sector RPMs.         Voluntary
Registry RPMs.         Additional Marketplace RPMs

  Amr Elsadr:Will put them up on the screen.

  Paul McGrady:@Steve - love it!

  Mary Wong:We have also pasted them into the Agenda pod on the right hand
side

  Philip Corwin:Needless to say, any expansion or contraction of a Q should
be based on subteam consensus

  Kristine Dorrain - Amazon Registry Services:@Kathy, the name says
"Voluntary Registry".....does that cover your concern?

  Jon Nevett:Kathy, that's why I used voluntary registry

  Kathy Kleiman:Registry-Specific RPMs sounds good to me

  Lillian Fosteris:I am fine with Voluntary RPMs or Voluntary Registry RPMs

  Mary Wong:We assume the suggestion of "voluntary" was to illustrate that
these are not mandatory (i.e. required by ICANN).

  Lillian Fosteris:Need to drop

  Kathy Kleiman:Private Sector RPMs would work too

  Paul McGrady:2 Candidates so far: Voluntary Registry RPMs or
Registry-Specific RPMs

  Kristine Dorrain - Amazon Registry Services:Qs 1&2 both go to how ROs use
the TMCH, right?

  Greg Shatan:Registry/TMCH Specific RPMs?

  Paul McGrady:Third Candidate: Additional Marketplace RPMs

  Steve Levy:+1 Additional Marketplace RPMs

  Philip Corwin:or just Marketplace RPMs

  Paul McGrady:Additional Marketplace RPMs

  Jon Nevett:Marketplace RPMs ok with me

  David McAuley:I support Phil'spoint on additional marketplace rpms

  Greg Shatan:Tasty suggestion.

  Kathy Kleiman:Tasty?

  Kristine Dorrain - Amazon Registry Services:Additional Marketplace is ok

  Danielle Abel:Additional Marketplace RPMs

  Greg Shatan:Kathy - marketplace .....

  Greg Shatan:It's lunchtime.

  Kathy Kleiman::-)

  Danielle Abel:Marketplace RPMs sounds good too

  Kathy Kleiman:I like Additional

  Philip Corwin:I think Additional is unnecessary but not a big deal

  Salvador Camacho:Marketplace RPMs

  Kathy Kleiman:Additional Marketplace RPMs

  Mary Wong:Yes

  Amr Elsadr:Additional Marketplace RPMs Sub Team

  Greg Shatan:AMPRMST

  Greg Shatan:AMRPMST

  David McAuley:AMR's team

  Danielle Abel:Good!

  Susan Payne:onwards

  Amr Elsadr:Ha!!

  Kristine Dorrain - Amazon Registry Services:For Paul, Kathy, me and anyone
else squinting...here is a link to the doc.
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_dis
play_RARPMRIAGPWG_Documents-252C-2Bdrafts-252C-2Bresponses-2BRPM-2BWG-2BSub-
2BTeam-2Bfor-2BPrivate-2BProtection-2BMechanisms-3Fpreview-3D_64080573_66080
074_Questions-2520for-2520Private-2520Protections-2520Sub-2520Team-2520-2D-2
520For-2520WG-2520Discussion-2520-2D-252028-2520May-25202017-2520jn-2520sp-2
520comments.docx&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=DR
a2dXAvSFpCIgmkXhFzL7ar9Qfqa0AIgn-H4xR2EBk&m=wYIFaQFK5qEpOY_siDEE6Sr9ZHSh1dpt
0kesQAmW_xo&s=x6NVf06QXHfdT85O3pSpQG4eh_7U6QVJEZISK5Cd218&e=

  Amr Elsadr:Friday's should be cleared by that time, so this Sub Team can
have its regular calls on that day, if agreeable.

  Amr Elsadr:@Paul: Apart from the questions, the Sub Team will need to
identify and recommend data requirements to answer the questions.

  Kristine Dorrain - Amazon Registry Services:@Kathy, given your
explanation, is 1(a) and 1(b) then asking the same question?

Susan Payne:and noting Kristine comment about a and b asking for the same
info

  Kristine Dorrain - Amazon Registry Services:Kathy, to whom is the TMCH
offering additional services?

  Kathy Kleiman:+1 Paul

  Mary Wong:Staff can provide a comment on the TMCH services currently being
offered

  Kristine Dorrain - Amazon Registry Services:+1 Susan

  Susan Payne:then I want to so limit it

  Amr Elsadr:Additional Marketplace RPMs (AMR) :-)

  Kristine Dorrain - Amazon Registry Services:Thanks Amr.

  Danielle Abel:Rebecca good point!

  Susan Payne:agree Rebecca - Sunrise was an example.  My point was that
what doesn't yet exist is not influencing the landscape and so it irrelevant

  Kristine Dorrain - Amazon Registry Services:+1Susan

  Jon Nevett:what do we mean by "private parties"?

  Jon Nevett:i'm not aware of any of those

  Jon Nevett:sounds like the answer to (a) is extended notification and the
answer to (b) is none

  Kristine Dorrain - Amazon Registry Services:+1 Jon

  Mary Wong:By contract, ICANN has to approve any and all "ancillary
services" offered by the TMCH Operator - does not apply to arrangements
offered by other parties using the TMCH.

  Kathy Kleiman:Tx for the meeting, Paul!

  Kristine Dorrain - Amazon Registry Services:Thanks Paul, well done.

  Steve Levy:Thanks Paul and the whole team1

  David McAuley:Well chaired Paul

Danielle Abel:Thanks Paul

  Kiran Malancharuvil:Thanks all

  Amr Elsadr:Thanks all. Bye.

  Philip Corwin:well done. ciao

Roger Baah:bye

  Salvador Camacho:Thanks Paul, it was a great call! Best regards and enjoy
your day