[Gnso-rpm-protection] Recordings, Attendanc & AC Chat from Sub Team for Additional Marketplace RPMs call on Friday, 01 September 2017 16:00 UTC

Michelle DeSmyter michelle.desmyter at icann.org
Fri Sep 1 20:46:09 UTC 2017

Dear All,

Please find the attendance of the call attached to this email. The MP3, Adobe Connect recording and Adobe Connect chat below for the Sub Team for Additional Marketplace RPMs call on Friday, 01 September 2017 at 16:00 UTC.

Attendance and recordings of the call are also posted on agenda wiki page:  https://community.icann.org/x/bCAhB

MP3: http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-marketplace-rpm-01sep17-en.mp3

<http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-marketplace-rpm-01sep17-en.mp3>
Adobe Connect recording:  https://participate.icann.org/p9if2qr3ata/

The recordings and transcriptions of the calls are posted on the GNSO Master Calendar page:http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar[gnso.icann.org]<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__gnso.icann.org_en_group-2Dactivities_calendar&d=DwMFAg&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=QiF-05YzARosRvTYd84AB_UYInlydmFcjNmBM5XgySw&m=PFpB-ztyZLUAAnXOX9y_p1wsu5KdiKi0m_1qr3qRnA0&s=pn5u28Q_u0cXQWKC94ecGoBfvu1FKXSd7xgx7fKD9WY&e=>

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Michelle

Adobe Connect chat transcript for 01 September 2017:

 Michelle DeSmyter:Dear All, Welcome to the Sub Team for Additional Marketplace RPMs call on Friday, 01 September 2017 at 16:00 UTC.
  Michelle DeSmyter:Agenda wiki page: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_x_bCAhB&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=8_WhWIPqsLT6TmF1Zmyci866vcPSFO4VShFqESGe_5iHWGlBLwwwehFBfjrsjWv9&m=_LqyyL1refSXDmnEbeizoU_e--MlJC_aCxwp4nfV5sU&s=2h-2EjqBpYIzerPY1bzqd9h831dhmxK-YiGSRkrbm0w&e=
  Kristine Dorrain - Amazon Registry Services:Stepping away for 2 min.
  David McAuley:dialing in
  Mary Wong:Question 6, with a comment noting Greg's suggestion, is on Page 3 of the document on screen.
  Amr Elsadr:Language proposed by Greg for Q6: “Which Additional Marketplace RPMs were submitted for RSEP approval, and which Additional Marketplace RPMs were submitted to ICANN for some other form of approval?”
  David McAuley:poor connection
  Griffin Barnett:Kristine, sound very blown out, may need to back away fromm your mic
  Jon Nevett:I agree with Kristine, but not as loudly!
  Kristine Dorrain - Amazon Registry Services:Sorry about the audio.  I can't seem to get it right....
  Greg Shatan:Way too loud, Kristine!  That is the headset of the century!  Can pick up a pin drop....
  Kristine Dorrain - Amazon Registry Services:Actually, this is the old crappy one, I think something happened when I upgraded to Windows 10
  Kristine Dorrain - Amazon Registry Services:<sigh>
  David McAuley:oh, the dreaded upgrade
  Greg Shatan:Better check system levels in W10.
  Kristine Dorrain - Amazon Registry Services:Sound is perfect Greg
  David McAuley:Agree with how Greg just said it
  David McAuley:if there is a question good to be fact-based
  Kristine Dorrain - Amazon Registry Services:No one has indicated why how these get approved is relevant.
  Brian Cimbolic:that's where I am too, Kristine - I'm not sure why that information is helpful
  J. Scott Evans:I think I always understood that mandated RPMs were a floor, not a ceiling and that the marketplace would provide additional protections. I tend to agree with Kristen and Greg here
  Kristine Dorrain - Amazon Registry Services:We're here to get data about Sunrise.
  Kristine Dorrain - Amazon Registry Services:We are not here to review the Add'tl Mechanisms though Kathy.  We're here to get Sunrise data.
  David McAuley:I agree that we should take advantage of work that Sub Pro WT4 is doing
  J. Scott Evans:Let's take a poll on the Connect to see where the wind is blowing
  David McAuley:I'm in the middle as well
  Kathy:Let's count Phil C as a yes (green check mark)
  Kristine Dorrain - Amazon Registry Services:Thanks for the reminder, Mary.
  David McAuley:Good point Mary - may be a question that can't be answered
  Mary Wong:@Paul, we can also bring the question to the mailing list, to see if anyone not present on this call wants to weigh in.
  Kathy:Rebecca's hand is raised
  David McAuley:I was in middle but seriously leaning toward deletion
  Rebecca L Tushnet:Even if you don't use the word "consensus," you've decided to delete without a majority in favor of that
  Rebecca L Tushnet:That's a standard for proceeding that at the very least we  would want to be consistent about
  Brian Cimbolic:people abstained - the Nays more than doubled the Yeas
  Brian Cimbolic:not sure that theres any legitimate complaint about that process, and Paul noted it can be brought up at the WG level
  Kristine Dorrain - Amazon Registry Services:I won't speak and blow everyone out of the water.  I still don't see the point of moving [now] Q7, but I won't oppose it.
  Kristine Dorrain - Amazon Registry Services:Aren't 8 and 9 essentially included in Q 3
  Mary Wong:Apologies, it may actually be Q2 that is more relevant/applicable, possibly in combination with Q3
  Kristine Dorrain - Amazon Registry Services:Yes, I'm sorry, I misspoke on that.
  Kristine Dorrain - Amazon Registry Services:I do think Q8 is already addressed in Q2
  Mary Wong:@Paul, all, staff was just suggesting what seemed to be an overlap for consideration/discussion by the group (we don't have an opinion either way) :)
  Kristine Dorrain - Amazon Registry Services:The first sentence of Q2 says "Are ROs relying on the results of TMCH validation services...."
  Kathy:How about #8 follows #2?
  Mary Wong::)
  Mary Wong:The other suggestion was from David, yes
  David McAuley:that was mine Paul, correct
  David McAuley:no strong feelings about it
  Kathy:Can we talke about Ques 9 first???
  Kathy:a what?
  David McAuley:step away from the RPM
  Greg Shatan:Please restate.
  Kristine Dorrain - Amazon Registry Services:I'm going to suggest that since it's a repeated question, if the point is not to delete it, then it doesn't matter where it goes.  :)
  J. Scott Evans:agnostic
  Kristine Dorrain - Amazon Registry Services:We'll organize by topic later...
  Griffin Barnett:Apologies, had to step away for a moment
  Rebecca L Tushnet:I agree w/ Kristine here
  Brian Cimbolic:+1 Kristine
  Jon Nevett:i haven't said this in a while, but I think Kathy is right -- we should discuss 9 first.
  David McAuley:these kinds of polls are so hard to frame on the fly
  Greg Shatan:Which option is delete question 8?
  Kristine Dorrain - Amazon Registry Services:+1 Greg
  Greg Shatan:Still confused sorry.
  Rebecca L Tushnet:Step away b/c I agree w/Kristine and we should move on
  Griffin Barnett:no strong prefernece either way
  Mary Wong:Green check - David M's suggestion (modified and put at end of Q2); Red cross - place Q8 as standalong question after Q2 (i.e. new Q3); Step away - leave it where it is.
  Mary Wong:Slow down - delete.
  Brian Cimbolic:the slow dwon pops away after a few seconds
  Amr Elsadr:Turtles are faster than I'm used to.
  Greg Shatan:Heiroglyphics?
  Brian Cimbolic:how about we ask first if people want to delete?
  David McAuley:I think the turtles end authomatically after a few seconds
  Brian Cimbolic:then if people want to keep it, we decide where to put it?
  Greg Shatan:My turtle is more persistent, probably because I'm on iPad.
  Brian Cimbolic:delete
  Greg Shatan:Doesn't AC have a poll option?
  Kristine Dorrain - Amazon Registry Services:delete
  Greg Shatan:Delete.
  Greg Shatan:Plain English would be good.
  Kristine Dorrain - Amazon Registry Services:Agree Brian
  David McAuley:I like the notion of dealing with #2, 8, and 9 in one effort, not sure we can get there
  Kathy:X is keep
  Kathy:+1 David
  J. Scott Evans:unfortunately, I have to drop early in order to make another meeting. Thanks Paul for you leadership here.
  David McAuley:Also can support the idea of archiving deleted questions so the WG can see them
  Kristine Dorrain - Amazon Registry Services:@David, any member who thinks the question is not being asked can bring it up in the WG at any time.
  David McAuley:agreed - but an archive is (I think) a list at bottom of questions for convenience
  Kristine Dorrain - Amazon Registry Services:I strongly disagree with archiving questions determined to be outside the scope.
  Kristine Dorrain - Amazon Registry Services:Thanks Paul!
  Brian Cimbolic:have a great weekend, all
  David McAuley:Thanks all
  Greg Shatan:Bye all. Have a great weekend!