[Gnso-rpm-providers] Actions & Notes: RPM Providers Sub Team 29 August 2018

Michael Karanicolas mkaranicolas at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 20:45:24 UTC 2018

Yes - I think the wording is problematic, for precisely that reason.
It includes a particular procedure for notification, but then suggests
that this may be an alternative to "actual notice"... how on earth is
ADNDRC supposed to affirm that they provided actual notice in the URS
timeframe? Especially given the default rates (which don't necessarily
mean that the all these respondents HAVEN'T been getting notice... but
certainly don't support an implication that they have). I think it's
illogical to interpret the wording as meaning that postal notice is
optional - but the phrasing of it sort of provides an outlet if
providers aren't properly fulfilling their responsibility.

Fundamentally though - I think we are in agreement that ADNDRC should
be doing this, right?